Do I need to make a reservation? Yes, reservations must be made for all group visits.
How long should we allow for a group visit at the gold mine?
Mine Experince Tour:
- Groups of 10-20: 1.5 hours min.
- Groups of 20-40: 1.75 hours min. Students are split into two groups.
- Groups of 40-60: 2 hours min. Students are split into three groups.
- Groups of 60-80: 2.25 hours min. Students are split into four groups.
- Groups 80+: 2.5 hours min. Students are split into five groups.
Underground Adventure Tour:
- Groups of up to 10: 3 hours min.
- Groups of up to 20: 3.25 hours min. Group will be split into two.
- Groups of up to 30: 3.5 hours min. Group will be split into three.
Do you have any teaching support material available? Central Deborah Gold Mine offers the ‘If the walls could talk’ teacher’s resource which is aligned with the VELS and offers pre-visit, post-visit and on site activities. Click here for more information.
What are the group prices? Click here to find out about group prices and packages
Is parking available for buses? Yes, free coach parking is available at the back of Central Deborah Gold Mine in Creek Street North.
Are food options available for school groups? Yes, we are able to organise underground crib lunches, lunch packs or you can bring your own lunch to enjoy in our BBQ area by the creek. Click here to find out more.
Is there any accommodation close by? Yes, a sleepover at the Discovery Science & Technology Centre is the perfect way to compliment your visit it the Gold Mine. Click here to find out more.
Do groups receive a discounted rate? Groups of 10 people or more will receive group rates. Click here for the group rates.
Do teachers receive any discounts? Teachers receive free entry at a ratio of 1 teacher per 10 children.
What should we bring with us?
- Enclosed footwear: The ground is rough and wet.
- It is an average of 16 degrees underground, warm clothing is recommended.
- Camera: You won't want to forget this adventure.
- Pocket money: We have a fantastic gift shop with affordable keep sakes to help your students remember their journey underground.
Is there more for school groups to do in Bendigo? A true Bendigo highlight is the range of quality experiences and things to do. Our Bookings staff can also make bookings and tell you more about:
Or just contact the Bendigo Visitor Information Centre on (03) 5434 6060 if you would like to know more about:
- Golden Dragon Museum
- Bendigo Pottery
- Bendigo Art gallery
- Dots and Dashes
- Confectionary Capers
- Ironbark Riding centre
- Discovery Science & Technology Centre
For more information about things to do in Bendigo visit www.bendigotourism.com.au