Mine Experience Tour - Primary Students
Kitted up in a hard hat and miner's lamp, descend 61 metres underground to Level 2 of the mine with one of our friendly and knowledgeable guides. With only the light on your helmet to light the path, your students will become enthralled by Bendigo's fascinating underworld as they explore the honeycomb of hidden underground tunnels. Our tour guides will explore Bendigo's golden heritage with your students, the geology of the rock formations they encounter, demonstrate the mining methods that were practised on the Deborah Reef and explain what it was like to be a miner during the harsh gold rush era.
This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Personal Tour Guide/s (Maximum pax per guide: 20-22)
- Helmet and cap lamp for each participant
- Access to the surface of the mine after your tour. Students can try their hand at gold panning for riches, climb the poppet head for one of the best views of Bendigo and explore the treasure trove of vintage mining machinery that is on display.
What to bring:
- Enclosed footwear: The ground is rough and wet.
- It is an average of 16 degrees underground, warm clothing is recommended.
- Camera: You won't want to forget this adventure.
- Pocket money: We have a fantastic gift shop with affordable keep sakes to help your students remember their journey underground.
How much time you should allow:
- Groups of 10-20: 1.5 hours min.
- Groups of 20-40: 1.75 hours min. Students are split into two groups.
- Groups of 40-60: 2 hours min. Students are split into three groups.
- Groups of 60-80: 2.25 hours min. Students are split into four groups.
- Groups 80+: 2.5 hours min. Students are split into five groups.
$14.50 per student. Teachers complimentary at a ratio of 1:10.
$27.00 for each Adult above the ratio.
For more information or to receive a quote for your next school excursion please phone our Booking Office on
(03) 5443 8255.