Do I need to make a reservation? Yes, reservations must be made for all group visits. Please phone (03) 5443 8255.
How long should we allow for our underground tour?
Mine Experince Tour:
- Groups of 10-23: 1.5 hours.
- Groups of 24-46: 1.75 hours. Students are split into two groups.
- Groups of 47-69: 2 hours. Students are split into three groups.
- Groups of 70-92: 2.25 hours. Students are split into four groups.
- Groups 93-115: 2.5 hours. Students are split into five groups.
- Groups 116-138: 2.75 hours.
- Groups 139-162: 3 hours.
Please allow extra time (in addition to the above) to explore the surface of the mine and to pan for gold following your underground tour.
Underground Adventure Tour:
- Groups of up to 10: 3 hours.
- Groups of up to 20: 3.25 hours. Group will be split into two.
- Groups of up to 30: 3.5 hours. Group will be split into three.
What are the group prices? Click here to find out about group prices and packages
Is parking available for buses? Yes, free coach parking is available at the back of Central Deborah Gold Mine in Creek Street North.
Are food options available for school groups? Yes, we are able to organise underground crib lunches, lunch packs or you can bring your own lunch to enjoy in our picnic area. Click here to find out more.
Is there any accommodation close by? Yes, check out all of the different accommodation options here ...
Do groups receive a discounted rate? Groups of 10 people or more will receive group rates. Click here for the group rates.
Do teachers receive any discounts? Teachers receive free entry at a ratio of 1 teacher per 10 children.
What should we bring with us?
- Enclosed footwear: The ground is uneven and wet in some places.
- It is an average of 14 degrees underground, warm clothing is recommended.
- Camera: You won't want to forget this adventure.
- Pocket money: We have a fantastic gift shop with affordable keep sakes to help your students remember their journey underground.
Is there more for school groups to do in Bendigo? A true Bendigo highlight is the range of quality experiences and things to do. Click here to have a look at the range of options available.
What is your cancellation policy? Cancellations received within five days of the tour date will be fully refunded. Cancellations received between 2-5 days of the tour date will be charged a 10% cancellation fee. Cancellations within 48 hours of the tour date will be charged the full amount for the tour.