Things to be aware of before visiting us:
- You should not enter our premises if you are unwell.
- We will be asking you to provide your name and telephone number to assist the health department with contact tracing if required. This information will be retained for 28 days.
- We are only accepting card payments.
- We recommend downloading the Australian Department of Health's COVIDSafe app.
- We reserve the right to refuse service or entry to any visitor in breach of the directions of Victoria's Chief Health Officer.
- We are unable to accept visitors from metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire in line with government advice.
Here are some of the precautions being taken to ensure our site is COVIDSafe:
- We have implemented maximum numbers across our site in order to prevent crowding:
- Max. 20 people in the retail area;
- Max. 50 people on the surface of the mine;
- Max. 20 people underground at any one time.
- All our staff have undergone training to ensure that they understand and can follow all the COVIDSafe requirements.
- We have increased our staffing to ensure that staff are only assigned to specific roles and have more supervision.
- Tour sizes have been reduced from 20 to only 6 people per guide. This ensures social distancing can be maintained and avoids crowding in the lift.
- The use of cap lamps has been suspended in order to avoid contact. Instead we will be using lighting underground.
- Hair nets will be compulsory for visitors to wear before putting on a hard hat. All hard hats will be disinfected between use.
- Gold Panning is currently unavailable.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout the site.
- Our emergency management plan has been updated.