Things to be aware of before visiting us:
- You should not enter our premises if you are unwell.
- We will be asking you to provide your name and telephone number to assist the health department with contact tracing if required. This information will be retained for 28 days.
- We reserve the right to refuse service or entry to any visitor in breach of the directions of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
- We are only accepting card payments.
- We recommend downloading the Australian Department of Health's COVIDSafe app.
Here are some of the precautions being taken to ensure our site is COVIDSafe:
- We have implemented maximum numbers across our site in order to prevent crowding:
- Max. 20 people in the retail area;
- Max. 50 people on the surface of the mine;
- Max. 20 people underground at any one time.
- All our staff have undergone training to ensure that they understand and can follow all the COVIDSafe requirements.
- We have increased our staffing to ensure that staff are only assigned to specific roles and have more supervision.
- Tour sizes have been reduced from 20 to only 6 people per guide. This ensures social distancing can be maintained and avoids crowding in the lift.
- The use of cap lamps has been suspended in order to avoid contact. Instead we will be using lighting underground.
- Hair nets will be compulsory for visitors to wear before putting on a hard hat. All hard hats will be disinfected between use.
- Gold Panning is currently unavailable.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout the site.
- Our emergency management plan has been updated.