Be guided through authentic mining tunnels by your Shift Boss and learn the tricks of the trade of a gold miner from the 1900s. Set a charge and operate a mine drill. Climb down parts of the mine shaft using the ladder way. Experience the thrill of following the cap of the reef up into a T-rise. After a hard day’s work, enjoy a break with a traditional Miner's lunch served underground.
- Miner’s outfit. We’ll kit you up in work overalls, a flannelette shirt, boots, helmet and cap lamp.
- A miner's lunch, just let us know if you have any special dietary requirements!
- All safety equipment.
Make sure you bring:
- A sense of adventure and humour.
- Thick socks.
- Light comfortable clothing that can be worn underneath overalls. It is an average of 20°C on Level 9 with 90% humidity.
- A small camera. You’ll want to remember this adventure!
Take home a memento: All participants get to take home their backpack and a unique name tag as a memento of their adventure.
Health and safety: This tour is suited to those who have a good level of fitness and enjoy getting wet and dirty. If you suffer from any serious health problems that may impede your ability to climb ladders you should consider our fascinating Underground Adventure Tour or Mine Experience Tour.
"I did the Nine Levels of Darkness Tour and it was mind-blowing! Not only did I learn a great deal about the geology of the region, but I saw a glimpse of what the gold mining industry was like in Bendigo from the 1930s to the 1950s. At 228 metres underground, and walking through wet, dark tunnels, it's an experience I'll never forget!" Google Review
Gift Vouchers are available for purchase online. Full details here.