Our Underground Kids Birthday Parties are currently unavailable due to Covid-19 regulations. Click here to descend underground on a Mine Experience Tour.
Strike gold with your child's next birthday party by putting on a hard hat and miner’s lamp and descending 61 metres beneath the surface of Bendigo to experience what it is like to be a gold miner. Then, enjoy your party in Bendigo's unique Underground Function Room. There are lots of fun games to be played. Finish off the experience with a gold panning demonstration and see how much gold you can find. Remember .... finder’s keepers!
What’s included in an Underground Kid's Birthday Party?
- Dedicated party host/Underground tour guide.
- An underground tour followed by games in our Underground Function Room.
- Dine in the Underground Function Room, a small pie warmer is available.
- Gold panning demonstration. Any gold that is found, you get to keep!
- Access to the mines surface.
- Great photo opportunities.
- Souvenir for the birthday child.
- Birthday party invitations.
- Party bags to take home.
What about food?
You are more than welcome to bring your own picnic lunch, or make use of the pie warmer provided in the Underground Function Room. Food for the underground party will need to be dropped off at least an hour prior to the party to allow time for transportation underground.
Alternatively, we are happy to provide an Underground Birthday Party Hamper for $10.00 per person and do all the work for you!
Basic Birthday Hamper:
- Pies, Pasties and Sausage rolls
- Tomato sauce
- Jugs of cordial and water
- Serviettes and disposable cups
(We are more than happy to cater for any special dietary requirements if you let us know in advance.)
What about the Birthday Cake?
Don't forget to bring along your own Birthday Cake. Please don't bring an ice-cream cake, we haven't got a freezer underground.